Search for devices with Xtensa cores

Oleksij Rempel linux at rempel-privat.de
Fri Apr 28 23:23:09 PDT 2017

Hallo all,

short version:
I'm looking for devices which use Xtensa and GCC/binutils patches used
to provide support for this devices.

long version:
this year started with inclusion of open-ath9k-htc-firmware to debian
*main* repository. As first we started to getting advantage of regular
compile tests. See results here:
https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/debian/rb-pkg/unstable/i386/open-ath9k-htc-firmware.html

Most of the problems which we currently get, are related to gcc xtensa
compiler.
In details: device specific patch set is used to provide our own
gcc/binutils version because Xtensa don't really have defined CPU cores.
As result, upstream compiler developers will never notice if some thing
will brake this patch set.

My hope is to provide upstream gcc support for commonly used by linux
community Xtensa cores.

So far i know about:
- Atheros ar9271 is identical with ar7010, LX2.1.0
- Atheros AR6002 Xtensa LX??
- Atheros AR6003 Xtensa LX??
- Atheros AR6103 Xtensa LX??
- Espressif ESP8266 Xtensa LX106