Getting ATH10K to work with Linksys WUSB6100M

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Tue Nov 15 04:47:59 PST 2016

On 15 November 2016 at 11:41, Johan Lindström
<johan.von.lindstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

>> 14 nov. 2016 kl. 12:40 wrote Michal Kazior <michal.kazior at tieto.com>:
>>
>> On 11 November 2016 at 00:56, Johan Lindström
>> <johan.von.lindstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> This device is running  QCA9377 chipset with the usb.id 13b1:0042
>>>
>>> Any ideas on how to add this device to the working devices? Does ath10k even work with USB devices?
>>>
>>> See info: http://askubuntu.com/questions/799104/linksys-wusb6100m
>
>> USB transport is not implemented in ath10k. Adding it will require a
>> slight HTC/HTT rework and implementing the transport code itself. I'm
>> pretty sure qcacld[1] can used as reference.
>>
>> [1]: https://github.com/sktjdgns1189/qcacld-2.0/tree/master/CORE/SERVICES/HIF/USB
>>

>> Michał
>
> Anyone up for this? I myself have not done anything close to this.

I'm not aware of anyone working on this.

Eric Stromdahl is currently working on adding SDIO support. This
requires HTC/HTT rework for the so called "high latency" devices. Both
SDIO and USB are considered such hence adding USB support will become
easier once Eric completes his SDIO work.