[OpenWrt-Devel] ATH10K VLAN firmware issue

Sebastian Gottschall s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com
Sat Nov 5 01:05:03 PDT 2016

would be good if qca can fix this bug finally in all available
firmwares. its a very annoying issue since a long time

Sebastian

Am 04.11.2016 um 23:23 schrieb Ben Greear:
> The bug appears that vlan-tx-stripping is unconditionally enabled in
> at least my firmware.  I have re-compiled w/out that flag set, and it
> appears
> to work for me.
>
> Please download this firmware, rename it firmware-2.bin, make sure you
> remove/rename
> any firmware-5.bin (etc) so mine will load, and see if that fixes your
> problem.
>
> Please note that it is very likely you will have to use same MAC address
> for the VLAN devices that the underlying station uses in order for
> this to work.
>
> https://www.candelatech.com/downloads/tmp/firmware-2-full-community.bin
>

> Thanks,
> Ben
>

> On 11/04/2016 02:50 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
>> I can reproduce this in my CT firmware. I'll see if I can fix it,
>> but for stock firmware, it might be that changing the driver to use
>> Ethernet packet type
>> of native-wifi would make .1q vlans work.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ben
>>
>> On 11/04/2016 10:28 AM, yu-chieh kung wrote:
>>> I met the same problem before,
>>> if i modify the 1q header to other value (0xaa00) before go into
>>> firmware.
>>> I can capture the packet in the air
>>> I think the vlan packet is dropped in firmware.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Regards

Sebastian Gottschall / CTO

NewMedia-NET GmbH - DD-WRT
Firmensitz:  Berliner Ring 101, 64625 Bensheim
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 25473
Geschäftsführer: Peter Steinhäuser, Christian Scheele
http://www.dd-wrt.com
email: s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com
Tel.: +496251-582650 / Fax: +496251-5826565