Please don't puke: Modifying Frame Version, Beacon and Probe-Response values

jpo pommnitz at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 01:44:48 PDT 2016

Hello all,
to implement a "Stealth feature", e.g. the WLAN network does not show up in
normal Scans, we modified the Frame version, Beacon and Probe-Response
values for an old ATH5K card running on the now dormant Madwifi driver.
Question: Is the same thing even POSSIBLE with ath10k? My main concern is,
that the firmware just won't handle non-standard values.

Can somebody who understands the division of labor between mac80211, ath10k,
the firmware and the hardware suppress his or her gag reflex long enough to
think about this?

Thanks in advance
  Joerg