hacked 4.4.6+, 10.4.3 firmware, Running out of ring-index for pipe-id 3 (WMI).

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Mar 31 22:23:03 PDT 2016

On 03/31/2016 10:18 PM, Michal Kazior wrote:
> On 31 March 2016 at 18:44, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
>> On 03/30/2016 11:51 PM, Michal Kazior wrote:

>> So, I am using MSI-X, I guess?
>>
>> # dmesg|grep -i msi
>> [65284.853372] ath10k_pci 0000:05:00.0: pci irq msi-x interrupts 13 irq_mode
>> 0 reset_mode 0
>
> Yep. This at least makes it possible for this weird problem to come
> into existance. However I still find it a little hard to believe for
> tasklets to be scheduled this badly. Maybe the device doesn't assert
> interrupts properly as Adrian suggested? Or maybe they are not mapped
> properly? I think you're actually the first one to exercise MSI-range
> support on qca99x0.

I applied Rajkumar's patch to disable msi-x today, so maybe that will be
the end of those problems.

I think upstream might want a warn-on for that wmi issue, even if you don't
add the work-around code though...just to see if someone else hits it.

If you drop the wrong WMI message, often your best hope is that firmware crashes
right away, so we should really be quite loud about not sending a WMI message.