UDP throughput problems with WDS and ath10k

Xue Liu xue.liu at dks-koeln.de
Thu Mar 31 07:36:19 PDT 2016

Hello,

I have test throughput with different 3  parameters. But the results are
similar. The data rate from PC via  Client to the AP decreases
significantly comparing with the reverse direction.

During the test I also obverse the CPU load of client and AP. When the
data is sent from PC, the AP has ~2% CPU load, ~63 nic and ~25% sirq.
The client has ~0% CPU load ~78% nic and ~20% sirq. When the data sent
from AP, the AP has ~1% cpu ~69% nic and 7% sirq. The client has ~0%
cpu, 76% nic and ~24% sirq.

The test diagram is shown as

PC(GbE) --- (GbE)WDS Client (Wireless) --- (Wireless) WDS AP.

Did anyone else tries with such setup ?