Number of Transmission retries

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Wed Jun 8 02:14:54 PDT 2016

On 8 June 2016 at 11:01, Gaurang Ramesh Naik <gaurang at vt.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know there is an iw command to set the number of transmission
> retries using "iw phy phyx set retry short 'y' long 'z'". When I used
> this command though, I did not observe any change in the performance
> of the link throughput. Does ath10k honor this command? Also, if it
> does, is it implemented in the firmware, or open-source?

ath10k does not honour it.

As far as I understand you want to alter number of retries with regard
to RTS/CTS being used or not. If so I'm not aware of any mechanism to
tell that to firmware (this is rate-control related and rate-control
is offloaded by firmware entirely).

To my knowledge what you can do is change number of software retries
for aggregated and non-aggregated traffic via NON_AGG_SW_RETRY_TH and
AGG_SW_RETRY_TH WMI's pdev parameters. Perhaps you'll find this
useful.