Bug 119151 - [regression] ath10k no longer authenitcates and freezes system

Valo, Kalle kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Fri Jun 3 08:52:03 PDT 2016

Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> writes:

> On 06/02/2016 08:26 AM, Valo, Kalle wrote:
>> Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> writes:
>>
>>> I found a lot of problems with this code as well, and the 5 patches
>>> starting from the URL below fixed the issues for me.
>>>
>>> They are stuck as 'NA' in patchwork, but I don't know why.
>>>
>>> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2016-April/007218.html
>>
>> ath10k has a separate patchwork instance, did you look at the correct
>> one? I have quite a lot of patches from you in deferred state because of
>> the patch bomb, but I'm hoping to go through them soon.
>>
>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/ath10k/list/?state=10&delegate=25621&order=date
>
> Ok, they are deferred then.
>
> The series of 5 is likely quite useful and fixes some nasty bugs,
> and the first patch of the big bomb is also a trivial crash fix
> for a regression you added (as best as I can tell).
>
> The rest of the patch bomb is less critical, but making some progress on
> that would make me feel good about working on ath10k patches again.

If I get a big patchset like 25 patches it immediately goes to the
bottom of the queue. Organising them a bit better takes like 15 minutes
of your time and makes it a lot easier to review. For example, you could
have split the patches into three sets: important bug fixes, firmware
debugging and the rest. That helps everyone and saves time.