9984 issues solution

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Tue Jul 26 03:27:40 PDT 2016

On 26 July 2016 at 11:31, Sebastian Gottschall <s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com> wrote:
> i found the reason and the solution. i disabled all beamforming vht caps.
> this will prevent the firmware of beeing crashing.
> so it seems, beamforming is responsible for it
> could the firmware be fixed?

This sounds awfully familiar. qca6174 hw.2 firmware had this kind of
problem at one point - it would advertise txbf support even though it
lacked it. It caused firmware crashes whenever you tried to associate
to a txbf capable AP. However qca6174 firmware is very distinct from
qca9xxx.

But maybe it's just a silly out-of-bounds or deref bug in firmware
txbf code. Or maybe the txbf vdev/peer param ABI has changed and
ath10k sets something else thinking it is configuring txbf. Beats me.