9984 issues

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Jul 25 07:43:56 PDT 2016

On 07/25/2016 07:37 AM, Sebastian Gottschall wrote:
> Hello
>
> finally i received 9984 devices to follow up with my work on vht160.
> but the big issue is. the 9984 works in ap mode with current firmware. but in sta mode it crashes after seconds, no matter which operation mode is used.
> ben's ct firmware crashes in ap and sta mode, so i prefer to run using the offical variant. can someone help here?

Does it crash if you connect to an AP with 9980 or 9880?  I am curious if it is only with
9984 AP that crashes.  I have only one 9984 radio right now, but STA mode was working for me against
9980 AP.

I am just getting started on this, so hopefully it will get more stable soon...

And for the QCA firmware, might be worth posting a stack dump from the firmware,
maybe someone there can decode it.  Unfortunately, I could not get a useful decode
from the one you sent me of my firmware...