ath10k + iw set bitrates is causing FW crash

Krishna Chaitanya chaitanya.mgit at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 05:21:40 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 5:29 PM, Manoharan, Rajkumar
<rmanohar at qti.qualcomm.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>> After reboot i dont see the "unencrypted" packet issue, i will do
>>> some more testing on limiting the rates, currently in my setup its
>>> not reaching MCS9 so cannot verify now.
>> Rajkumar,
>>
>> I am still not able to make mcs9 work, so i have tried to change the Nss to 1
>> using iw, but that is not taking affect. This command is not taking effect.
>>
> you mean not able to fix VHT rates alone. am i right? By auto rate mode, is firmware selecting
> mcs9? What is the command used for fixing vht rate?
Basically my requirement is to disable MCS8 and 9 for comparison.
to check whether ath10k honors the iw command, i used below
command. changing to 1SS, but i could see that it still transmits
using 2SS. Does your patch ignore these settings except for
adhoc mode?

iw set bitrates vht-mcs-5 1:0-7