ath10k driver on Android

Gucea Doru gucea.doru at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 13:13:27 PST 2016

Hi, everyone

Because no one answers my question, please let me rephrase it:

Did anyone tested the ath10k driver and QCA6174 chipset on Android
devices? From my research, all the tests were done on desktop
platforms (x86) running Linux.

I am asking you this because I have an Android smartphone with 3.10
kernel [1] running on the QCA6174 WiFi chipset. ath10k support for
QCA6174 WiFi chipset was added starting with 3.20 kernel. Let's say
that I'll use a backport for ath10k driver on 3.10.
After the backport, should I expect that the ath10k will automatically
detect and use the QCA6174 chipset or are there any other things that
I should take into consideration (HW problems. firmware problems)?

[1] https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8994

Regards,
Doru