Questions for ath10k rate control, bandwidth, and channel sensing

Changmok Yang cmyang at mwnl.snu.ac.kr
Fri Aug 26 02:00:43 PDT 2016

Hi.
We are trying to change transmission bandwidth and data rate.

1. We found that we can only control per-station channel width, and
rate control, like Minstrel, is not controlled by ath10k and in
firmware. Then, can ath10k select the transmission data rate manually?
If so, how? We cannot find the part the data rate is determined.

2. Is it possible to change operating bandwidth per station while
maintaining association?

3. We also want to use parameters related to channel sensing. Although
we found that CCA related parameters are in firmware, we alternatively
want to use parameters related to Ethtool in survey_info structure (in
include/net/cfg80211.h, the structure below). However, when we read
this variable in the log after Ethtrool running, the value does not
seem to reflect channel sensing. Where and how can we use channel
sensing parameters in ath10k? Is it possible?

struct survey_info {
struct ieee80211_channel *channel;
u64 time;
u64 time_busy;