QCA6164 in Fedora

Susi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 21 12:17:19 PDT 2015

On 09/21/2015 12:16 AM, Michal Kazior wrote:
> On 10 September 2015 at 02:48, Susi Lehtola
> <jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> The problem in the Fedora kernel is that the direct firmware load fails,
>> althoug the same firmware works with the linux-next tree.
>>
>> What would need to be backported to the 4.1 tree in order to get the card
>> working?
>
> You need to cherry-pick at least this patch:
> https://github.com/kvalo/ath/commit/36582e5d4daeccf68a8a3cef9bc37b60fb7d45b9
>
> The problem is qca6164 requires a different board.bin and will not
> work with one from qca6174. The driver uses the same firmware filepath
> for both. There's a per-pci-vid/pid board lookup but it's broken I
> would discourage using it until we come up with a better solution.

I tried that but it didn't work; the card was detected but the firmware
failed to load. The patch I formed is at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=1069561

The exact same firmware and board.bin works with the linux-next tree.

However, now that the development version of Fedora comes with kernel
4.3, I can just recompile the package for my laptop. This problem should
solve itself with time..
--
Susi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor