Setting up a VHT ad-hoc connection with ath10k

Jorge Baranda jbaranda at cttc.es
Mon Sep 7 03:36:41 PDT 2015

Dear Janusz,

By firmware 636, do you mean the one named 999.999.0.636 in the url:
https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/ath10k/firmware?
And then, if I use wpa_supplicant could it be possible to setup an ADHOC
connection.
I thought wpa_supplicant is used to setup STAs in combination with
hostapd (to setup APs).

Thank you very much for your time and attention,

Kind regards,

Jorge

El 07/09/15 12:22, Janusz Dziedzic escribió:
> On 7 September 2015 at 11:48, Jorge Baranda <jbaranda at cttc.es> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Recently, I bought some WLE900VX cards and equipped several computers with
>> such cards.
>> I want to check the capabilties of these cards, so I have thought of
>> establishing an AD-HOC 802.11ac link in order to do so.
>> I have been able to establish and AD-HOC connection between two of these
>> cards, but I am sure I am not establishing an 802.11ac connection because
>> the iwlist tool only reports bit rates up to 54Mb/s for the established
>> connection.
>> I would be very grateful if someone could provide me some hints on
>> configuring these cards to work using the 802.11ac and to check that the
>> connection using such protocol has been established.
>>
> You should use 636 firmware and lastes wpa_supplicant. Wpa_supplicant
> will setup AC correctly (iw don't support this yet). After connected,
> check if you have correct BW (80MHz) using:
> iw wlan0 info
>
> Next you can run some traffic eg. using iperf and check RX rate using:
> iw wlan0 station dump.
>
> BR
> Janusz
>
>> Thank you very much in advance for your time and attention,
>>
>> With kind regards,
>>
>> --
>> Jorge Baranda
>> Research Engineer, MSc
>> jorge.baranda at cttc.es
>>
>> Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC)
>> Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss, 7
>> 08860 Castelldefels, Barcelona (Spain)
>> Tel: +34 93 645 29 00 Ext: 2171
>> Fax. +34 93 645 29 01