next-20151126 build: 3 failures 15 warnings (next-20151126)

Kalle Valo kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Thu Nov 26 08:58:32 PST 2015

Mark Brown <broonie at kernel.org> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 02:39:40PM +0200, Kalle Valo wrote:
>> Mark Brown <broonie at kernel.org> writes:
>
>> > It looks like this was somehow triggered as part of the reorganisation
>> > of the WiFi directory structure.
>
>> This is surprising and also worrying, any ideas why? It would be good to
>> understand the root cause in case there's a bug in wireless drivers
>> directory reorganisation.
>
> No, I didn't make much effort to check though since the use of ifdef was
> clearly a bug waiting to happen anyway, I was more surprised it worked
> at all than anything.

Michal Marek explains[1] that this is due to commit cf4f21938e13
("kbuild: Allow to specify composite modules with modname-m") and has
nothing to do with the wireless drivers reorganisation. I'll drop this
patch as Michal will apply his fix to the kbuild tree.

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/7707801/