possible memory leak or memory waste

Sebastian Gottschall s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com
Mon May 25 17:07:16 PDT 2015

Am 26.05.2015 um 01:42 schrieb Ben Greear:
> Can you test with ath9k to make sure it is actually ath10k related?
already tested. this device has 2 chipsets. one is ath9k based and the
second is ath10k based. :-)
only if i kill the hostapd process which controls ath10k. the memory
waste is gone

> And/or try traffic in RX direction only to see if that still uses
> lots of memory?

> Does memory come back after you just stop traffic (w/out stopping
> hostapd)?
yes. slowly. its fluctuating. so sometimes there is 30 mb free again and
seconds later just 2 mb. so very heavy changes. on bigger routers with
more than 64 mb (i have a second here with 128 mb)
the total consumption stabilizes at 45 - 50 mb for the driver only which
is still too much for sure.  so it may not a leak. but ath10k or the
firmware is wasting too much memory for embedded devices
and ar9880 is just used on embedded devices almost