Cannot achieve throughput higher than 460Mbps using CT firmware and 3x3 ath10k

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Wed May 6 22:47:00 PDT 2015

On 6 May 2015 at 17:01, richard mayers <richard.mayers92 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The maximum throughput I get with the following set up is around
> 460-470Mbits/s when using MCS 6, 80MHz channel and 3 spatial streams.
> However, when I try MCS 7, the throughput drops to 200Mbits/s, and
> when I use 8 or 9 it goes to 0. The signal level is -11dBm which I
> guess is quite good.

Hmm.. From my experience too strong signal can degrade performance
with qca988x. You could try reducing it via `iw`. You could also try
checking if using only 2 spatial streams also yields problems with
MCS8 and MCS9.

Antenna themselves might be the problem as well. Strong signal doesn't
mean good signal quality. If your antenna connector is damaged or
antenna is of poor quality you might end up not being able to use
highest MCS rates.