Warnings/errors in use with a QCA989x card

Matthew Robbetts wingfeathera at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 09:48:20 PDT 2015

Hi Michał,

> On Jun 22, 2015, at 22:06, Michal Kazior <michal.kazior at tieto.com> wrote:
>
> On 23 June 2015 at 00:40, Matthew Robbetts <wingfeathera at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> I believe this was/is supposed to be available in some recent 10.2.4
>>> builds. I think 10.2.4.48 was first supposed to support it but I see
>>> the available "stable" fw api blob still advertises has-wmi-mgmt-tx.
>>> The 10.2.4.48-2 from untested/ on the other hand doesn't advertise the
>>> bit so I guess it uses the HTT path for management frames which should
>>> prevent the tx credit starvation problem.
>>>
>>> @Matthew: Can you try running 10.2.4.48-2 from 10.2.4/untested/ @
>>> github.com/kvalo/ath10k-firmware and see if it helps you, please?
>>
>> Argh! I managed to entirely miss this last statement in your email! I will absolutely try this, immediately.
>>
>> Out of interest, should I skip straight to 10.2.4.70-2 or might this be specific to .48-2?
>
> Both should use htt-mgmt-tx so it shouldn't matter as far as the
> mgmt-tx problem is concerned.

Great, thanks!

I actually tried to use this firmware last night with my 4.0.4 kernel, but hit the problem of getting a tonne of:

ath10k_pci 0000:02:00.0: htt event (19) not handled

in my dmesg whenever a device tried to connect. I found the post:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2015-March/004797.html

implying to me that this is expected and that driver changes are needed to use this new mechanism. Is there an easy way (for an idiot) to get these changes? Are they in the 4.1 kernel, or will I need to patch manually?

Thanks again,
Matt