ath10k fw_stats rx_frame/rx_clear counters

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Jun 12 06:43:50 PDT 2015

On 06/12/2015 12:16 AM, Michal Kazior wrote:
> On 11 June 2015 at 23:49, Sergey Naumov <sknaumov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I'm using barrier breaker OpenWRT on TP-link Archer C7 v2.0 router and
>> looking at /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/ath10k/fw_stats content.
>> As far as I understand "RX frame" accounts just rx of our and all the
>> other APs on the same channel, while "RX clear" also accounts tx of
>> our AP and non-wifi interference.
>> At least it is true for ath9k with 2.4GHz chip on the same router,
>> where "channel busy time" from survey report is always greater than
>> "channel receive time".
>>
>> But for ath10k I see that with absense of the traffic to/from our AP,
>> "RX frame" register value is always increased a little bit more than a
>> value of "RX clear" register, and it is strange.
>>
>> Do you know what could be a reason?
>
> What is the interval you're polling the values at? There's a buggy 24
> second wraparound on these cycle count related stats. Maybe you're
> hitting that..

Here is a link to my previous email on the wrapping issue..it is not *just*
a matter of polling more often:

https://www.marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=143353920909147&w=2

After dealing with this, I see expected results when using 10.1.467 based
firmware (both CT and stock).

I am using WLE900VX NIC, my 4.0.4+ kernel.