Configuring ath10k device driver supporting 802.11ac and IBSS

Sangwoo Moon swmoon at lanada.kaist.ac.kr
Sun Jun 7 08:18:38 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am currently trying to configure ath10k device
to support 802.11ac VHT functionality in IBSS mode.

I am using Qualcomm Atheros QCA988x 802.11ac network adapter
in Gigabyte M1405 laptop.
I am using Ubuntu 14.04.2 (kernel version 3.16.0-30-generic) as
main operating system, and using backports-3.16-rc1-1 as
ath10k device driver.

As far as I know, I can use iw to configure a WLAN interface
into IBSS mode (ad-hoc mode),
and hostapd to configure the interface enabling 802.11ac VHT
functionalities.

However, what I want to do is enabling 802.11ac VHT features, in
IBSS mode.

After series of searching, I could not find any solutions to
neither turn on VHT mode in iw nor using IBSS mode in hostapd.
I used the latest version of iw (4.1) and hostapd (2.4) trying to solve
this issue.
I also installed the latest wireless-regdb-2015.06.05 to mitigate
the regulatory issue in frequency band selection.

Is there anyone who can help with this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--Sangwoo Moon