IBSS support in ath10k - our test results and questions

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Apr 7 14:17:13 PDT 2015

On 03/19/2015 11:44 PM, Janusz Dziedzic wrote:
> On 19 March 2015 at 22:40, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:

> Regarding IBSS/RSN and 636 firmware, this works sometimes (ath10k
> patch required here).
> But in case this don't work firmware don't send EAPOL frames - I think
> this is main problem ...

I've been trying to figure out IBSS + RSN in my firmware.

It seems in my FW I was never (or at least rarely) sending the EAPOL
frames.  I found a way around this, but now I see 1/4 go out fine,
but 2/4 reports MIC errors.  I don't think my work-around is to blame,
but it could be.  Also not sure why my work-around is required (or at least
why STA/AP mode works w/out the hack.)

A big part of my problem is that I don't actually know how IBSS + RSN
is supposed to work.

If someone has time to clue me in on that, I might make faster progress
(or progress at all) on supporting IBSS + RSN on ath10k.

In particular, I am curious when what type of key is supposed to
be set at which stages...and for instance, what is supposed to happen
between the 1/4 message and the 2/4 message (are keys supposed to be set?)