htt rx stopped. cannot recover

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Tue Nov 18 22:44:10 PST 2014

On 19 November 2014 02:23, Pushpal Sidhu <psidhu at gateworks.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 10:56 PM, Michal Kazior <michal.kazior at tieto.com> wrote:
>> You can get super sure and take a look in dmesg/syslog to verify if
>> ath10k's wlan interface is in promisc mode or not. I guess it's not
>> though.
> It seems that there's a "vdev 0". I'll look into hacking this out
> later when I get some more time, though it seems that whenever a
> station is associated with an AP, a vdev is always created.

This is fine. Each vif will have a vdev of an according type. Promisc
mode triggers creation of an additional, special vdev (which isn't
associated with any vif whatsoever) with type=monitor

[...]
> While running the extended test, at about 7 hours of continuous
> testing with the two boards without a PCIe bridge (configured as a
> wireless bridge e.g. 4addr=on), the STAtion has a kernel panic that
> seems to be caused by a double free or something similar. Log is
> located here (glad I set 'debug' in kernel cmdline):
> http://dpaste.com/1G77X7N (most interesting info located between times
> [25684.512971] - [25684.587585]).

Is this on vanilla ath10k code or did you ignore the rx_confused flag
during the test?

Anyway it'd be lovely if you could get the code line for
ath10k_htt_txrx_compl_task+0x100 (e.g. via `gdb` with `l *
ath10k_htt_txrx_compl_task+0x100)`.