New ath10k CT firmware released.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Nov 6 11:57:11 PST 2014

I have uploaded the latest CT version of the ath10k firmware.

http://www.candelatech.com/ath10k.php

This firmware fixes bugs in raw-tx mode, though probably only
non-encrypted frames can be sent in this manner, and it requires
an out-of-tree patch from Michal Kazior to make it work:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.ath10k.devel/246

This firmware also significantly improves association times when using
more than one vdev.  This, requires an additional kernel patch:

http://dmz2.candelatech.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-3.17.dev.y/.git;a=commitdiff;h=a9756b6e2efffbec4101dbe81e9d6a2c503239ff;hp=5bfa637376c352fc17c56afc7b1d2e752750162c

And, you may want the near-by patches that allow disabling some
logging, especially if using serial console.

There is also a small fix to max-nss logic in the firmware rate-control,
but I am not sure this is required.  It _is_ required that you use
currently-out-of-tree patches if you want anything other than 3x3 station
connecting to 3x3 AP to work properly with ath10k.

As always, I am interested to know how people are using
the CT firmware, and I would welcome any help with getting
even basic support (such as reserved feature flags)
for this firmware in the upstream kernel.