Slow connect times?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Nov 5 16:49:25 PST 2014

On 11/05/2014 11:12 AM, Avery Pennarun wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
>> Does not appear to be an AP problem, as ath9k stations to the ath10k AP are all
>> in the 20ms range.
>
> Ah, ok, I just assumed you were using ath10k as an AP.  In that case I
> know nothing :)

Ahhh, found the problem.  Firmware was trying to be helpful and
reserve the channel on vdev-start.  But, took it 200+ms to grab the
reservation when another vdev exists, and it shouldn't be needed
anyway as far as I can tell.

Disabled that 'feature' by hacking on driver a bit to pass a new flag to modified firmware
to tell it to ignore the reservation logic, and now a second station vdev associates
in about 6-8 ms :)

Take it easy,