New version of CT firmware is available.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue May 27 12:18:40 PDT 2014

Just a quick note:  Our firmware should now work on standard kernels with
no kernel modifications.  Just drop the firmware into the appropriate directory
(and re-named firmware-2.bin), and reboot.

I did a quick test on Ubuntu 14.04 with kernel 3.13.0-24-generic:  Associated
a station on an AP on channel 36 and obtained DHCP.  Used open authentication.

If you can crash this firmware or see any other bugs that could be firmware related,
please send me the kernel firmware crash dump and/or bug report.

Please do not bother QCA about issues with my firmware image.

I am interested to know results if anyone tries this.

You can ignore most of this page linked below if not dealing with
multiple station vifs, but it has a link to the firmware image, etc:

http://www.candelatech.com/vsta.php