ath10k: firmware crash in station mode & problem DFS

Vu Hai NGUYEN vh.nguyen at actiasodielec.fr
Mon May 26 06:45:16 PDT 2014

>Thanks for logs.
>Seems hostapd get probe request and try to send probe responses but
>using monitor interface - driver never get this frame.
>Seems you have set use_monitor=1 in hostapd - why? Did you hack/overwrie this?
>ath10k don't need dedicated monitor interface for AP mode.

Thank you for your response, I don't set that parameter in hostapd file and even in the example file of hostapd.conf, I don't see that parameter. Here is my hostapd.conf:

interface=wlan0
driver=nl80211
bridge=br0
country_code=FR
ieee80211d=1
ieee80211h=1
hw_mode=a
ieee80211n=1
wds_sta=1
ht_capab=[HT40+][SMPS-STATIC][TX-STBC][RX-STBC1][MAX-AMSDU-7935][DSSS_CCK-36]
channel=52
rts_threshold=2347
beacon_int=100
wmm_enabled=1
logger_syslog=-1
logger_syslog_level=0
logger_stdout=-1
logger_stdout_level=2
ctrl_interface_group=0
macaddr_acl=0
auth_algs=1
eapol_key_index_workaround=0
eapol_version=1
eap_server=0
ssid=ath10k
wpa=0
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
wpa_passphrase=password
wpa_group_rekey=86360

But as you said, when I run hostapd (with option -dd) I saw this output:
nl80211: Setup AP(wlan0) - device_ap_sme=0 use_monitor=1
It means that parameter is set automatically by the driver nl80211?. And I guess that hostapd do that itself.
Do you know why or can you show me how to set that parameter off to do a test?

NGUYEN Vu Hai
Acita-Sodielec
Route de Mayres - B.P. 9
12100 St GEORGES DE LUZENCON