Unicast packets stop being transmitted to a particular station, under load, when WPA2 is enabled

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Fri May 16 13:10:20 PDT 2014

Hi,

When I get the firmware source from QCA and Ben, I'll dig into the IV
shit in more detail.

As for the 11e and txop stuff - absolutely. I've been wanting to add
some txop-time aware clue to the freebsd packet scheduler and rate
control code. aggregation and 11e work great, but you can't just
simply keep packing max-length aggregates in when your bulk-download
station is on MCS0. That's just plain dumb. Linux and FreeBSD don't
take that into account.

We can use AMPDU and AMSDU to better interface with the timing and
transmission constraints of doing things over the open air. We're just
not.

Now that I'm not working at QCA I do plan on adding that stuff to
FreeBSD's atheros driver and hopefully work with the ath9k team to get
that into the rate control code there too. As for the firmware, I'm
happy to also add that to firmware - but not until the firmware is
open sourced.

-a