ath10k: set channel by command "iw" not from hostapd and DFS support of firmware-2.bin_10.1.467.2-1

Kalle Valo kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Fri May 16 07:12:40 PDT 2014

Janusz Dziedzic <janusz.dziedzic at tieto.com> writes:

> On 16 May 2014 15:00, Kalle Valo <kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com> wrote:
>> Janusz Dziedzic <janusz.dziedzic at tieto.com> writes:
>>
>>> Seems CONFIG_ATH10K_DFS_CERTIFIED is not set.
>>> You can simply check this during compilation adding eg. to mac.c
>>> #ifndef CONFIG_ATH10K_DFS_CERTIFIED
>>> #error DFS_NOT_SET
>>> #endif
>>
>> This reminds me of a feature I have been thinking. We really should have
>> an info print of what ath10k kconfig options are enabled in the build.
>> For example something like this:
>>
>> ath10k: debug off debugfs on tracing off dfs on
>>
>> Patches welcome :)
>
> I can add this, but question here is what *.c file should I use -
> mac.c looks fine

I think having it after the info message below in core.c is a good place.

	if (!test_bit(ATH10K_FLAG_FIRST_BOOT_DONE, &ar->dev_flags))
		ath10k_info("%s (0x%08x, 0x%08x) fw %s api %d htt %d.%d\n",

> but still someone can set flags only for some files and for some files
> not.

We cannot make this 100% bullet proof. If someone messes around with the
build system and breaks it in the process, then it his/her problem and
there's nothing we can do. We can only assume that the build system
works as specified.