Unicast packets stop being transmitted to a particular station, under load, when WPA2 is enabled

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Sun May 11 21:05:28 PDT 2014

On 05/11/2014 08:54 PM, Avery Pennarun wrote:
> On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 11:09 PM, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
>> Can you reproduce with any other type of station
>> device?
>
> I'll try.  It's a little tricky since it seems to involve running
> Chrome, etc, rather than my usual command-line tests for which I have
> a wider variety of clients.
>
>> Also, have you tried sniffing with a third device to see if
>> the AP actually puts the ICMP responses on the air?
>
> I did try that.  As far as I can tell, the ICMP responses are simply
> not being sent at all.

I haven't dug into many of the stats yet, but it's possible the
ath10k debugfs file would show some types of transmit errors in this case?

Might be interesting to see how long it takes the AP to generate
the tx status response for the transmitted ICMP packets.  My firmware
has some extended tx status, but I'm not sure it has anything overly
useful for your case...I was mostly concerned with the tx rate reporting
when writing it.