ath10k does not support selection antenna yet?

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Wed May 7 00:48:31 PDT 2014

On 7 May 2014 09:36, Vu Hai NGUYEN <vh.nguyen at actiasodielec.fr> wrote:
> I read in the debug's page that ath10k HW is currently limited to handle only single fixed rate setting or limit number of used spatial streams. Does it mean that the selection of antenna is not possible for this moment? Because if I look in the code of ath9k, there are 2 fonctions set_antenna and get_antenna in the structure: struct ieee80211_ops (file main.c) and that's why the out put of "iw list" for ath10k give me: Available Antennas:  TX0 RX0 and I can not select the antenna?

I'm not aware if that's possible.

> Btw, I still try to deal with the bitrates problem, the file  /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/ath10k/fw_stats give me nothing when I "cat" it and if I run : "iw wlan0 set bitrates legacy-2.4 54 ht-mcs-2.4", the dmesg output is:

fw_stats was broken for a long time due to some firmware ABI
differences. I'm not sure if this was finally fixed or no. See mailing
list archives for more details, please.

> ath10k: mac fixed rate pream 0x00 nss 0x00 rate 0x04
> ath10k: wmi vdev id 0x0 set param 25 value 4
> ath10k: wmi vdev id 0x0 set param 32 value 1
> ath10k: wmi vdev id 0x0 set param 26 value 0
> ath10k: wmi event debug mesg len 16
>
> but the order of these parameters are normally 27 (fixed rates) , 34 (nss)  and 28(sgi) in the map of parameter, I have no idea why the offset is minus 2 ?

You're looking at the wrong enum. There are two vdev param enums:
wmi_vdev_param and wmi_10x_vdev_param.

I'm going to re-iterate - you can check rx bitrate on the other end to
verify your fixed rate setting. tx bitrate reporting is broken in
ath10k due to firmware deficiency.