Here are some ath10k performance graphs.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Mar 31 11:47:15 EDT 2014

On 03/30/2014 11:27 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
> I finally have a firmware stable enough to do some throughput
> tests (only locked station machine up once doing these!).
>
> I find the download test interesting where the rx link rate goes very low
> after 12 or so stations.
>
> tx link rate is not reported properly yet by ath10k, so ignore that.
>
> http://www.candelatech.com/examples/cap-ath10k-tcp-download-open/
> http://www.candelatech.com/examples/cap-ath10k-tcp-download-wpa2/
> http://www.candelatech.com/examples/cap-ath10k-tcp-upload-open/
> http://www.candelatech.com/examples/cap-ath10k-tcp-upload-wpa2/

Here are some UDP graphs, both with no encryption.  Upload is still
significantly better than download, in this case, possibly because
it is safe to send larger UDP PDUs (I used 9k) from stations.  Sending
large MTUs too stations from wired ports causes too much loss because
loss of a single sub-frame causes entire pkt to be dropped.  Previous
detailed testing shows that is not the only problem, however.

http://www.candelatech.com/examples/cap-ath10k-udp-upload-open/
http://www.candelatech.com/examples/cap-ath10k-udp-download-open/

All of these have a summary chart near the bottom that is generally
more interesting than the individual pie charts, btw.

I can get more throughput with carefully tuned individual connections
for single-station tests, will post some of those when I get time
to do some detailed testing.