ath10k driver crashes whenever firmware crashes on ARM SoC

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Mar 13 13:42:17 EDT 2014

On 03/13/2014 10:34 AM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> I think the CUS223 has higher transmit power, right?

Yes.

Aside from that, I have not noticed any significant differences.
Thoughput is generally the same as the WLE900VX I have been testing.

Also, I am not sure CUS223 is commercially available for purchase in small-ish
quantities, but perhaps I just didn't look in the right place at the right time.

>>> Another question: is there perhaps anything the firmware can do to eg.
>>> set a watchdog timer, so that the internal CPU will restart (go back
>>> to "waiting for firmware" mode) if it doesn't answer for a while?  The
>>> idea would be for the device to un-wedge itself even if there's
>>> nothing we can do to fix it from outside.
>>
>> That's something a firmware engineer should comment on, which I'm not.

Kalle:  Can you feed that question to your firmware contacts
at QCA?  I'm not sure I should be publicly speculating on such
matters :)