[RFC 00/14] ath10k: Refactor rx path little bit

Kalle Valo kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Tue Mar 11 06:04:50 EDT 2014

Janusz Dziedzic <janusz.dziedzic at tieto.com> writes:

> Refactor rx path, mainly split/reduce calculation we
> did before. Now we caculate variable/flags only once
> per-ppdu, while before we did some calculations for
> each mpdu. Kill some not needed code and fill directly
> ieee80211_rx_status structure.
> TP veryfication required.
>
> Janusz Dziedzic (14):
>   ath10k: add ath10k_htt_rx_amsdu_allowed function
>   ath10k: Fill per-ppdu info in rx_info only once
>   ath10k: move rx related functions to htt_rx.c
>   ath10k: rename process_rx_rates to ath10k_htt_rx_h_rates
>   ath10k: introduce ieee80211_rx_status to htt_rx_info
>   ath10k: kill signal field in htt_rx_info
>   ath10k: setup rx channel per ppdu
>   ath10k: kill rate substruct and tsf from htt_rx_info
>   ath10k: kill fcs_err from htt_rx_info
>   ath10k: kill mic_err/amsdu_more from htt_rx_info
>   ath10k: kill status from htt_rx_info
>   ath10k: kill encrypt_type from htt_rx_info
>   ath10k: return error when ath10k_htt_rx_amsdu_pop() fail
>   ath10k: improve way we play with attention flags

I did now a quick review:

I didn't fully understand your idea with rx status template.

I think the patchset is too long, it will be easier if you split these
into two. First set with all the easy and obvious stuff and a second one
for the rx status template.

Some of the patches are missing commit logs. Even if the patch is
obvious, please write a small commit log. Just oneliner would be enough.

I would prefer the commit logs to answer more why the change is needed.