Firmware crash when sending large numbers of forwarded packets

Kalle Valo kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Sat Mar 8 11:57:04 EST 2014

Avery Pennarun <apenwarr at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 2:03 AM, Kalle Valo <kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com> wrote:
>
>> What I recommend is to use the master branch of my ath.git tree. That's
>> fairly recent wireless-testing (max 2 weeks old) plus latest ath10k +
>> ath6kl patches I have (ie. merge of wireless-testing and my ath-next
>> branch).
>
> Ok, thanks.  We're using a fairly old kernel on our device right now
> (3.2.26) so we're using the ath10k driver from linux-backports.  This
> means it's a little tricky to pick an arbitrary version if it has
> diverged to far from linux/master or linux-next.

Yeah, you are not the only one using ath10k with linux-backports.
Ideally we should have our own "backports-ath10k" which contains latest
and greatest ath10k from my master tree. This would be really handy for
debugging problems and verifying bug fixes, but I don't see any way to
find time for that right now :/

> I did try a few different versions though and they did the same thing.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting master branch to contain any fixes to your
issues. This was more like a generic comment.