CT and AP firmware not allowed beaconing in adhoc mode

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Thu Jun 26 00:43:39 PDT 2014

On 26 June 2014 00:40, Yeoh Chun-Yeow <yeohchunyeow at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not possible for all the modes to be supported in one single firmware?

It (mostly) is; it's a question of time, effort and resources.

There's a size limitation to how much code and data you can squeeze
into the firmware. Is it possible to structure the firmware in a way
that gives you one source tree for multiple firmware builds, with
different features on and off? Quite so.

That's just not how it happened inside of QCA. When I was working
there on the ath10k chip bringup, there indeed was one branch to do
station, adhoc and AP mode. That changed shortly after I left for
reasons I don't quite know. I'm still trying to .. well, figure out
how to try and repair that damage.

-a