No reorder buffer?

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Thu Jun 26 00:40:17 PDT 2014

.. and to confirm, the initial design of this is that yes, the
firmware is _supposed_ to be doing all of the RX reordering and the TX
aggregation/retransmission/BAR handling and powersave. As far as the
host stack is concerned, the design was supposed to offload as much of
the data pipeline processing as possible, handling only 802.11
negotiation, encryption setup/rekeying, etc.

But ath10k did change that because, and I'm fuzzy on the details,
there's various functionality that gets hidden from you when you're
running in the full offload mode.

So yes, if the MAC isn't configured in ethernet offload mode - if it's
in one of the monitor-ish wifi modes - then the NIC and firmware
aren't doing reordering and you'll have to do it on the host.

hth,

-a