After shutdown/restart, ath10k sometimes stops receiving packets

Avery Pennarun apenwarr at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 11:40:59 PDT 2014

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Kalle Valo <kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com> wrote:
> Avery Pennarun <apenwarr at gmail.com> writes:
>> We are experiencing a relatively-rare-but-not-rare-enough case which
>> has approximately these steps:
>>
>> - run a wifi AP for a while with a station or two connected
>> - shut down hostapd (stations all get disconnected of course)
>> - restart hostapd (perhaps on another channel or with different settings)
>>
>> After that, an external wifi sniffer can see beacons being transmitted
>> by the AP as expected, but all packets from stations trying to connect
>> are ignored.
>
> Do you have any guesses how often this happens? Once a day, once a week?

Someone in our QA group seems to be able to produce it after two or
three test runs with Veriwave.  Before each run, he stops and restarts
hostapd.

I don't think it happens very often at all if you stop and restart
hostapd.  I know it doesn't happen if you "only" stop and restart
hostapd, because I would have been able to easily reproduce that.  So
I think something particular has to happen during the session, then
when you restart hostapd the bug triggers.

I'm still looking so I can answer Michal's questions from earlier.  I
don't want to give incorrect answers :)

Avery