How to configure hostapd + ath10k for DFS channel?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Jun 10 17:01:37 PDT 2014

On 06/10/2014 03:54 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
> On 06/10/2014 03:48 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to put an AP on a DFS channel (52) in order to test
>> my CT firmware in station mode on DFS channels.
>>
>> I have tried both CT and standard upstream 10.1.467-2.1 firmware on
>> the AP machine, with similar behaviour (hostapd will not start
>> because DFS cannot set channel, or something like that).
>>
>> Kernel is 'ath', fairly recent, with a bunch of my own ath10k
>> patches applied (though they should mostly not be doing anything
>> different from upstream when running standard firmware).
>
> Actually, this was hacked upon 3.14.6+ kernel...will try with newer kernel...

Not much luck...I was using bad channel in hostapd conf, but when
I fixed that to use proper values for channel 52, it still won't
work because of regulatory, evidently:

[root at ath10k-2220 lanforge]# iw reg get
country 98: DFS-UNSET
	(2402 - 2472 @ 70), (N/A, 20)
	(2457 - 2472 @ 70), (N/A, 20), PASSIVE-SCAN
	(5170 - 5250 @ 80), (N/A, 17), PASSIVE-SCAN