ath10k: firmware crash in station mode & problem DFS

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Jun 5 10:33:00 PDT 2014

On 06/05/2014 01:41 AM, Vu Hai NGUYEN wrote:
>> Ok, I have built an image for each of my commits, and I have attempted to rebase my changes
>> so that these kernels should work on un-patched drivers.  I have not actually tested these
>> various images on un-patched drivers, so if you see any un-expected problems, let me know
>> and I can test those specific images.
>>
>>From your previous testing, you know the first commit should be OK for DFS, and the
> l>ast commit (172) is not.  To bisect, choose an image in the middle (ie, commit 86)
>> and see if it works.  If so, choose middle one between 86 and 172, if not, choose middle one
>> between 0 and 86...repeat until you find the first bad commit and let me know what that
>> is and I will try to figure out the problem in the firmware.
>>
>> http://www.candelatech.com/downloads/ath10k-fw-all-images/
>
> Thanks for building the image, I found out the diffrent is between the the 58th (work with DFS) and 59th commit (can not see DFS).
> Here is my serial of test: 86: KO => 43 OK => 64 KO => 53 OK => 58 OK => 61 KO => 59 KO. Then I change between 58 and 59th commit one more time to confirm the different.

Ok, the difference must be changes I made to the scanning state machine.
That patch was fairly big, and did several different things.  I have split
it up into 4 separate patches to try to narrow down where the problem was
introduced.

Can you try these firmware images in order and let me know the first
that fails to do DFS properly?  The scan-1 should be white-space and
debugging only, so hopefully it works.

firmware-2-community-scan1.bin
firmware-2-community-scan2.bin
firmware-2-community-scan3.bin