Firmware debugging patches?

Kalle Valo kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Thu Jun 5 04:10:45 PDT 2014

Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> writes:

> On 06/04/2014 12:23 PM, Emmanuel Grumbach wrote:
>
>>> Do you have a link to your patch that defines the types you used?
>>>

>> Take a look at 1bd3cbc1a0e9ed977a6bd470c5bc7bd36fd87e26.
>> But I am adding more and more content to this file.
>
> Yeah, after implementing it in ath10k it seems there would
> be very little over-lap, so probably each driver should just
> do their own.
>
> We can keep the debugfs file names the same, and the udev
> event types the same, which should help user-space a bit.

In the future I would actually want to take this a step further and put
all that to cfg80211. That way the driver would only need to call
cfg80211_firmware_crashed(wiphy, dump) and cfg80211 will handle the
rest. This would make sure that all drivers use the exactly same user
space interfaces and hopefully also motivate other drivers to use it.