ath10k: firmware crash in station mode & problem DFS

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Jun 2 09:48:10 PDT 2014

On 06/02/2014 09:16 AM, Vu Hai NGUYEN wrote:
>>> Your firmware allows me  to enter the promiscuous mode to set up bridge network for myStation (using wpa_supplicant), If I use the official firmware (10.1.467-2.1) for my station, it crashed after associated with an AP. Thing that I've >>changed concern the backport, I disable monitor interface in AP mode to solve the connection problem in a channel using DFS and it doesn't concern your firmware.
>
>> Thanks for the confirmation.  I haven't tested bridged networks yet, but maybe you were
>> hitting some more general firmware problem that I had already fixed.
>
> Hi Ben, I just discover something news, when I run my program with your firmware, I can not see a channel DFS (from command "iw wlan0 scan", it does not show me the network using a channel DFS).
> I can see the channel DFS if I use the official firmware (both 999 or 10.1). Do you need me to trace back something so that you can detect where the problem is?

I could try building a set of binaries and let you bisect the problem, perhaps.

This might take a bit of your time, but if you are willing, I will write a script
to create firmware binaries for each of my commits so you can do a manual
bisect.

I also think that the '2-1' part of the upstream 10.1 firmware is not in the source code
QCA made available to me, so there may be upstream fixes I have not seen, and possibly
part of that enables/fixes DFS.

I am not aware of any changes in my firmware that should have broken
DFS, but of course with 100+ commits, I could have easily added regressions...