ath10k: firmware crash in station mode & problem DFS

Janusz Dziedzic janusz.dziedzic at tieto.com
Mon Jun 2 00:03:39 PDT 2014

On 30 May 2014 13:55, Vu Hai NGUYEN <vh.nguyen at actiasodielec.fr> wrote:
>>> OK, btw I see there is a bug when sending frame using monitor
>>> interface in mac80211 in ieee80211_monitor_start_xmit() - because of
>>> that you have this problem. Seems for old kernel < 3.3.0 monitor
>>> interface is required.
>>> I will fix mac80211 issue when monitor is used.
>
>>Please remove your hack (use_monitor again) and check attached patch.
>
> Thanks for the the patch, I applied and it worked with a monitor interface in AP mode. But do you why does it require monitor interface for old kernel < 3.3.0?

Seems < 3.3.0 tx_status is not reported correctly to user mode (or at
all). This is not problem in case of probe responses while hostapd
don't care about status in such case (your hack works). But
action/null frames still need correct ACK and monitor iface for <
3.3.0.

> Btw, I have a doubt, in both case (I means when I applied your patch or my hack), I have to run the command "iw wlan0 scan" (after running wpa_supplicant) on my station to connect if the channel employs DFS
> If the channel doesn't employs DFS, it can connect directly after running wpa_supplicant.
Seems you hit wpa_supplicant issue, which Jouni already fix, check this thread:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.hostap/30454

BR
Janusz