[RFC/RFT 2/2] ath10k: don't start monitor vdev for promisc

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Jul 16 08:28:50 PDT 2014

On 07/16/2014 06:21 AM, Michal Kazior wrote:
> ath10k doesn't apply any extra rx filters so
> there's no need to start monitor vdev for
> promiscuous mode.
>
> This fixes crashes with 4addr station interface
> bridging and some very rare crashes of AP
> interfaces with bridging as well.

Ahh, I was just working on some related hack-arounds to make sure
I left a vdev slot open for the monitor interface in case some poor
person started a sniffer on an interface and made it go promisc...

With this patch, I can be sure monitor interfaces will not
be automatically created without explicit user request?

Any idea if it will be a problem to apply this to what is
effectively a 3.15 kernel?