A-MSDU reception not working?

Denton Gentry denton.gentry at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 22:42:55 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 3:59 AM, Bartosz Markowski
<bartosz.markowski at tieto.com> wrote:
> On 8 July 2014 09:02, Janusz Dziedzic <janusz.dziedzic at tieto.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> BTW, when AP (ath10k) send TCP ACK - are this packets also AMSDU?
>> I see in my case AP can send 3 x A-MSDU (with total size 304 bytes)
>> small frames aggregated. Maybe your HW have problems with that.
>
> @Denton - could you please try to apply this patch -->
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general/124128
> (adds debugfs entires so you can manually configure ampdu/amsdu
> settings) and check whether setting the amsdu to 1 will bypass the
> problem (gets rid of aggregated TCP ACKs)
>
> echo "1 64" > htt_max_amsdu_ampdu

I applied the patch and used echo "1 64" >
/sys/.../htt_max_amsdu_ampdu. It did not improve the throughput of the
802.11ac MacBook Air.

Even without applying this patch, the sniffer trace does not show the
TCP ACKs going back to the MacBook being aggregated as A-MSDU. They
are either individual frames or A-MPDU.