Question on beacon-miss handling.

Bartosz Markowski bartosz.markowski at tieto.com
Sun Jul 6 23:57:37 PDT 2014

On 7 July 2014 05:37, Sujith Manoharan <sujith at msujith.org> wrote:
> Ben Greear wrote:
>> Maybe the driver should make this 0 instead of 2 then?
>> hw.h:#define TARGET_10X_BMISS_OFFLOAD_MAX_VDEV        2
>> That would save resources in the firmware.
>
> Yes, it would. ath10k doesn't seem to be handling roam
> events too, so maybe that can be set to 0 - not sure if
> there are plans to properly enable and use roaming functionality
> that is already in the firmware.

That is correct. ath10k does not currently support hw/fw conn
monitoring. Things may change in future as we upgrade to support 10.2
firmware, but AFAIK there's no direct plan to use this offloads. And
regarding the initialization of BMISS/ROAM_OFFLOADs, yes looks like
this can be erased to save some firmware memory.

-Bartosz