Question on beacon-miss handling.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Sat Jul 5 20:39:11 PDT 2014

On 07/05/2014 07:14 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Where is it in the firmware again?

wlan_swbmiss_offload.c

> The beacon miss stuff is a little .. odd. Mostly because there's only
> one (and maybe two) timers for it and they're a pain in the ass to
> configure correctly. Having it scale (correctly) to more than two
> vdevs may be a little challenging.

I've seen other funny stuff where an AP will crash hard(-ish?) and the associated stations
take a long time to figure out their AP is dead.  Could be related to this
maybe..or maybe was something else.  I have not investigated closely.

I'd be happy to have all the beacon miss stuff move to the driver..seems
a waste of limited resources in the firmware.