Frame Injection in Monitor Mode

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Tue Jul 1 00:29:41 PDT 2014

On 1 July 2014 09:17, Yeoh Chun-Yeow <yeohchunyeow at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> Anyone has tried the frame injection using the standalone monitor mode
> on AP firmware.
>
> I have tried this but no luck not working.

I played with this a little a while ago.

Raw tx on 10.1.467 is broken. It needs htt tx command to be modified
to send a fixed up msdu len (msdu->len -
ieee80211_hdrlen(hdr->frame_control) + sizeof(struct ethhdr) if my
memory serves right) however firmware crashes on null dereference as
soon as the frame completion is handled.

I haven't tried this with CT firmware from Ben - maybe you should give it a try?