Unable to receive beacon in IBSS mode

Yeoh Chun-Yeow yeohchunyeow at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 09:18:14 EST 2014

When bringing up the adhoc interface, all of them will do the
beaconing. mac80211 triggers the call to the driver for getting the
latest TSF and tryto merge or join the IBSS with same SSID.

Here in net/mac80211/ibss.c

                 /*
                  * second best option: get current TSF
                  * (will return -1 if not supported)
                  */
                 rx_timestamp = drv_get_tsf(local, sdata);

In example, ath9k_htc has ath9k_htc_get_tsf, but not ath10k. So I am
wondering whether we have get tsf support in firmware.

---
Chun-Yeow