Anyone have luck with WLE900VX?

Kalle Valo kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Mon Feb 24 11:17:45 EST 2014

Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> writes:

> I managed to get a few WLE900VX, and I've seen some funny things so far.

Do you have any more info what type of board it is? Is it CUS223, XBNNN
(N being a decimal) or something else?

What's the chip id?

> First, with the official firmware 10.1.467.1-1 it immediately crashes on startup.
> I don't have that firmware source, so I don't know why it crashes.
> I wasn't even trying to create more than the default wlanX station.

Is that with stock ath10k driver or does ath10k contain any custom
changes?

> With my firmware (based on 10.1.389), it boots up OK and I can create
> and associate 32 station vifs.
>
> Both NICs that I have tried so far report the same mostly bogus
> MAC:  00:03:07:12:34:56
>
> The NIC's spec sheet claims it is 3x3, but 'iw phy phyX info' shows only
> 2 streams supported for both the 2.4Ghz n band and the 5Ghz /ac band.

Hmm, I wonder if otp.bin fails. Can you check what result code you get
from otp.bin? Add something like this to ath10k_download_and_run_otp():

	ret = ath10k_bmi_execute(ar, address, &exec_param);
        ath10k_dbg(ATH10K_DBG_BOOT, "boot otp execute result %d\n", exec_param);